Thread painting embroidery kit
This thread painting embroidery kit shows a pair of Japanese dancing crane birds. The design is an easy introduction to thread painting for people who have done some embroidery before. Thread painting is also known as needle painting or silk shading. It's an embroidery shading technique to give the effect of painting. 'Brush strokes’ are created by blending thread colours and using layers of stitches. The kit includes full thread painting instructions and a thread colour chart.
Embroidery gift set – exclusive offer
The perfect gift for embroidery lovers, gift sets include a:
- Jiggery Pokery embroidery kit of your choice
- Square white embroidery display frame plus
- FREE pair of quality Janome embroidery scissors worth £7, available only in gift sets. To get the free scissors you must order the gift set, not the kit and frame separately.
Thread painting embroidery kit contents
The thread painting kit comes in a pretty labelled box. It includes everything you need to make my design:
- 100% cotton fabric with the thread painting embroidery design printed onto it in colour. The fabric measures 30x30cm (12x12 inches) including borders.
- DMC embroidery thread, 4 colours, full skeins so you won’t run out of thread
- 2 x John James needles with long eyes for easy threading and sharp tips for easy stitching
- A metal needle threader so you’ll never struggle to thread a needle again
- Wooden embroidery hoop measuring 15 cm (6 inches)
- Clear and easy to follow stitch instructions (English only) with diagrams and photos
- A chart showing where to use the thread colours
- Illustrated general instructions (in English)
Embroidery display frame
In addition, I sell frames which will set off your embroidery to perfection. My frames, picture mounts and mounting card are guaranteed to fit and come with easy-to-follow instructions.
Thread painting embroidery pattern
If you've already got hoops, needles and thread or you want to choose your own colours, patterns are a great money-saving option. So if you don't need the full thread painting embroidery kit, you can get the same design just as a pattern pre-printed onto fabric.
The finished thread painting embroidery measures approximately 25x25cm (10x10 inches). It is designed to fit into a square frame approximately 30x30cm (12x12 inches) with a display area measuring 20x20cm (8x8 inches), sometimes called the aperture.
FREE printable embroidery stitch guide
For your FREE guide to 10 popular embroidery stitches, just sign up for my newsletter. You’ll be the first to hear about new kits and patterns, special offers and discounts.
Things you need to know
- The fabric is cotton calico which is slightly off-white. It may have slight imperfections which are just a natural part of the fabric.
- Colours may look different on screen and in print to how they are in real life.
- Eco-friendly packaging. My embroidery kits come in a postal box made of FSC certified material which contains at least 70% recycled content. I don’t use any packaging inside the box, apart from a biodegradable bag for the needles and needle threader (in kits packed from August onwards). I post my kits in fully recyclable mailing bags – please recycle if you can, don’t bin them.
- My thread painting embroidery design is copyright and is only for your personal use. So you cannot resell the design or any embroideries made from it.