Embroidery tips for beginners
This section is full of useful embroidery tips for beginners, including videos showing you how to:
- Use an embroidery hoop
- Prepare embroidery needles and thread
- Tie off thread ends
- Mount and frame embroidery
Embroidery tips for beginners - problems solved
I bet you can't wait to get started on your exciting new embroidery kit! But these embroidery tips will make all the difference to the finished embroidery. Taking a look at the videos will avoid you running into problems such as:
- tangled embroidery thread
- puckered fabric with wrinkles which won't iron out
- lumps and knots on the back of your work
- threads showing through your fabric
- threads coming undone.
How to display embroidery
I'm often asked how to display embroidery. There's nothing better than seeing your finished embroidery hanging on a wall so you can admire the end result of the time you spent creating a beautifully embroidered piece of wall art.