How to do blanket stitch leaves
Here's a blanket stitch leaves tutorial complete with illustrated embroidery stitch instructions and an embroidery stitch video.
Blanket stitch leaves tutorial
- Using straight stitch, sew a line down the centre of each leaf. Use the centre line as the base for your blanket stitches.
- Bring the needle through the fabric at 1, push it back down at 2 leaving a loose loop, pull thread through the loop to form first stitch.
- Bring the needle up at 3, pulling it through the thread loop and continue.
- When you get to the point of a leaf stitch it as shown on the video and the diagram below.
- To finish off, make a tiny stitch over the thread to hold the last loop in place.
Download my free stitch guide covering 10 basic embroidery stitches, including blanket stitch.
Blanket stitch leaves video